So we found out 5 days ago that we are actually prego and I think the shock of the whole thing has finally come to an end. Saw Dr. Doody on Monday and things are looking great my beta was 149. He wants me to just rest for the next 2 weeks and then come in for my first sono. Hopefully we will find out at this time if we are having a baby or babies. I am so sleepy I just don't know what to do with myself. So our vacation in 10 days will be the perfect solution to my need for a nap everyday.
So now that the baby thing is on the way I can start blogging about other things going on in my life. Here is a little something that I was pondering during my hour commute to work the other day.
Why do women in large SUVs full of children drive like they just got off of the NASCAR circuit? Seriously..... I was driving down the Toll Way on Tuesday when I was almost ran off the road by a woman driving a red Expedition with no less than 12 kids inside that thing. I looked at my speedometer and I was going 82 miles an hour.... what is 80 just not fast enough for her to get to Barnes Nobel Story Time? I was really shocked. I wanted to roll down my window and say... "Hey dumb ass you have 12 young lives in your car how about you move out of the left lane and slow down a little". I mean whenever I am driving around with my nieces and nephews I always tend to just slow down a little and allow myself extra time to get where I need to go. I have driven a large SUV and let me tell you those things don't maneuver that well. What would she have done if there was something in the road and she needed to swerve to miss it?
So this being said I have decided to start of a list of things I will not do when I become a Mommy.
1. I will not drive like an asshole when I am carrying precious cargo (babies) in my car.
2. I will not give up my Lexus for a Big SUV until my kids are at least 2 years old. However trading in my ES for a RX is a possibility.
These are just the first two but trust me there will be many more. I know that I will talk allot of shit and the second this kid comes all my "rules" will thrown out. So all my Mommy frends out there please tell me if I am being unreasonable.
More rules to come soon.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
God bless a beta of 149!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
ha ha - I could write a book of things I do now that I said I would never do.
You should make a list like you said and then revisit it a couple years down the road. Would be interesting. :)
Sorry to have to say this, but I am one of those assholes! I know it's wrong, but two kids mixed with my unorganized self equals always being late. Even if I try to be organized and get in the car early something ALWAYS happens to cause us to be late. Like a last minute poopie diaper or a meltdown where I have to physically manhandle one of my children to get them dressed and in the car. I love your positive attitude though!! I was the same way before Charli and then again before Davis. I promise never to say "I told you so" when once the baby (or babies) come and your rules go out the window quicker than you can change a dirty diaper! :) I love you! I'm so happy things are going well and can't wait to hear about the sonogram. Where are you going on vacation? (I forgot! Something else that happens once you give birth!) Have a wonderful time! xoxo
Post a Comment