new


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nana


My Nana was a very special woman. I adored her and when she passed away last year it just broke my heart. My family has been putting off going through Nana's stuff for a very long time. We all thought that if we just left her house the way it was when she left for the hospital then it wouldn't feel like she was gone. The time finally came this weekend when we had to go through Nana's stuff. So this weekend Chris and I went to good ole Valley Mills, Texas (Population 1211) to go through some of my Nana's stuff and bring it home. It was so strange to rummage through so many of her belongings. I took as much as I could and I am confident that one day my children will feel special when I give them things that once belonged to their Great Grandmother.

So here is to you Nana. You taught me so much in life. Like how to make the best mashed potatoes known to man, and corn bread is always better when cook it in an old iron skillet, you don't have to read music to learn to play the piano, if you sleep on a satin pillow your hair will look just like it did when you went to bed. But most of all you taught me that God and family are the most important things in life, and money can buy many things but class isn't one of them. And no matter what always act like a Lady. I may let you down from time to time but I promise that I will keep on trying. You were an AMAZING Woman and I miss you more than anyone knows.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Tracy I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet Nana. I lost my grandmother just over a year ago and some days when I let myself think of her I just feel an ache that will not go away. (((HUGS))) that is a beautiful picture of the two of you!