I have to admit I have fallen off the wagon. No I don't have a drinking problem. I have a work-out problem. For some strange reason I didn't make it to the gym at all last week. So in true It's not my fault fashion I would like to list the following reasons for my lack of commitment to working out.
1. I played golf last Monday afternoon and it was 126 degrees outside. Since the snobby golf course in out neighborhood made it cart path only that day I had to walk to my ball every stroke. Now when you are a bad golfer like me this is a lot of walking. To top it off I only saw the beverage girl 4 times the entire afternoon.
2. Last Tuesday was moms night out in the hood and I drank way too much to even think about working out. Unless you count 12 oz curl-ups as exercise I totally failed this day.
3. Wednesday was happy hour at Ra with one of my favorite clients, Shawn and Lance from work. I don't even need to explain what happened this evening.
4. Thursday was Luau on the Lawn at the Cooper so technically I did make it to the gym. However the closest I come to working out an attempt to show Regan and Reid how to use a Hula Hoop.
5. Friday - Dinner and Drinks with some of my Grapevine Girls. Margaritas and Nachos need I say more.
6. Saturday was filled with shopping at North Park with a quick swing by the furniture store. I did walk mall. Can I count this as a workout even though I didn't break a sweat?
So I am calling out to all of you my faithful friends. If you see me this week tell me to get my fat ass to the gym. Ask me if I have worked out or plan on working out. Hold me accountable. I need all the help I can get to get back on the wagon!
Just FYI.... I just worked out tonight so Monday is all good!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Get your ass to the gym! Now tell me to do the same please! Just kidding!!! I love you and I love your blog. Very funny!
I fell off the wagon too - big time. It's more fun that way.
Post a Comment