I love a long weekend. This weekend we had no plans and it felt great. For no plans we seemed to be busy all weekend long.
We celebrated Chris's 39th Birthday on Friday. We had an awesome dinner with some old friends at Silver Fox Steakhouse. For Birthdays my Mom always makes the Birthday girl or boy the cake of their choice. She made a fantastic Carrot Cake for Chris that is just sinful to eat.
Chris had to work most of the day on Saturday so I was all on my own. My sister called me at 7am to see if I would go to Old Navy with her for $1 Flip Flop Day. That store was crazy the moment we walked in. I saw the line stretched all the way around the store so I got in line to check out while my sister grabbed the loot for all her kids. It even got to see 4 ladies get in an argument over $1 flip flops. The manager threatened to remove them from the store if they didn't stop yelling. How sad would it be to be kicked out of Old Navy at 9am on a Saturday morning. When it was all said and done Heather and I walked out with 52 pairs of flip flops. Not a single pair was for me . They were for her 5 children. The whole family came over in the evening to cook out and celebrate Chris's Birthday. we had a great time with everyone. the best was all the children singing Happy Birthday to Chris.
Sunday was a great trip to downtown Dallas for the Farmer's Market. We picked up the best looking fruit there. It just so happens that my big pregnancy craving is fresh fruit and I think I bought enough for the entire neighborhood. On the way home we did a little shopping at North Park and finished the day with a nice pedicure.
Today we made a "quick" trip to Lowe's that turned into a 2 hour meeting with Tony in the window covering department. Thanks to him I should have new blinds for the living room in 2-3 weeks. I spent a little quality time with my Mom then headed to the neighborhood pool with Regan and Reid. It was great to run into some friends from the Moms groups there.
I love weekend like this were we just go with the flow and do whatever we want. I hope to have many more like this one.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment